About Luxury Vinyl
Luxury vinyl flooring is durable and cost-efficient. High traffic homes and pet owners take note: Vinyl is water, heat, and scratch resistant! Available in realistic stone, tile and wood looks, vinyl is a low maintenance and beautiful flooring solution. Luxury vinyl comes in tile and plank forms. These product types are shortened to LVP (luxury vinyl planks) and LVT (luxury vinyl tile). Browse our wide selection of luxury vinyl.
Plank Size - typically are 48 or 36 inches long. With most planks, the width is about 6 inches, though some go as much as 7 3/4 inches wide.
Tile Size - these are typically 12"x24"
- 100% moisture resistant
- Commercial grade wear layer
- Different types of cores for different application settings
- Can be used on cement, tile, plywood, sheet vinyl and other flat and level subfloors
- Easy to install (can even be done as a DIY project)
- Variety of design options
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
- Options for every budget
Material: Most is polyurethane. Better brands add ceramic beads to the urethane for added resistance to wear and scratches. Some even use crushed cultured diamonds.
Thickness: Wear layers start at 6 mils thick for cheap vinyl tile flooring. The best lines from most brands have wear layers of 20 mils or 22 mils.
Vinyl (PVC plastic) is a very versatile material. With it, remarkably authentic-looking designs can be produced to mimic wood, stone, ceramic tile and other materials. The designs are printed for outstanding realism.
The vinyl layer is waterproof and can be textured, for example, to give it a genuine woodgrain or stone feel.
Stone with Polymers
Both wood and stone are mixed with plastic polymers, so you will see WPC, wood/polymer core, and SPC, stone/polymer core, used in our showrooms.
- Place floor mats at the entry points of the home to catch loose dirt
- Vacuum and sweep
- Damp/wet mop regularly to remove dirt build up
- Plank/tile replacement is possible by a trained installer
- Avoid steam cleaning. Instead, simply stick with a regular mop or swiffer